Please join the Douglas County Amateur Radio Club for our monthly meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 12, at Flory Meeting Hall on the Douglas County Fairgrounds, 2120 Harper Street, in Lawrence. Our program this month will be presented by Jillian Rodrigue -KDØEGC – from Douglas County Emergency Management. Doors will open shortly after 6:00 p.m. for a casual social gathering (eye-ball QSO). Feel free to bring your projects and gear to show off before the formal program. During the Jan. 2020 meeting, the membership voted to move the presentation to 7:00 p.m., which will be followed by a short break and then a short business meeting thereafter. All are welcome. We look forward to seeing you.
The Douglas County Amateur Radio Club is affiliated with ARRL the National Association for Amateur Radio.
Kansas Ham Radio ExamsDCARC can provide in-person exams for both new licenses and for current licensees who would like to ugrade. We are able to do this in an open-air/outdoor setting following recommended safety protocols. Contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and to schedule a examination date.
- QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo to Become Twice-Yearly Event
- US Department of Defense to Share 3450 – 3550 MHz with 5G Commercial Operations
- Arecibo Observatory Reflector Dish Damaged after Cable Snaps
- ARRL Hires Paul Z. Gilbert, KE5ZW, as Director of Emergency Management
- Grid and Prefix Award Program Announces Digital Awards Program
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories August 13, 2020