The Douglas County Amateur Radio Club will be hosting a demonstration of setting up an HF Radio station using simple portable antennas at Wells Overlook from 9am to 12:30pm on Saturday April 1. This event is open to anyone interested in Amateur radio or emergency communications. Visitors will have an opportunity to learn about radio operation and simple antenna setups as well as talk on the air. We will be demonstrating Voice, Code, and Digital modes of operation. (An amateur radio license is not required, this event is open to everyone.)
DCARC marks 50 years of affiliation with ARRL the National Association for Amateur Radio during 2021.
Club Constitution and Bylaws
Kansas Ham Radio ExamsDCARC can provide in-person exams for both new licenses and for current licensees who would like to ugrade. We are able to do this in an open-air/outdoor setting following recommended safety protocols. Contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and to schedule a examination date.
- Upswing in Solar Cycle 25 Activity May Have Begun
- Camp for Young Radio Amateurs in the Americas is a Go for this Summer
- Registration is Open for Virtual Visalia 2021
- Yasme Foundation Releases Chronicles of Amateur Radio DX History
- FCC Issues Enforcement Advisory: Radio Users Again Reminded Not to Use Radios in Crimes
HF Propagation Resources