The Douglas County Amateur Radio Club plans to operate as WØUK during Winter Field Day, Jan. 25. The club will operate from the home station of club president, David Klamet, WØFEY. Several radios and antennas will be available. Sponsored by the Winter Field Day Association (WFDA), this annual event’s stated purpose is to encourage emergency operating preparedness in the winter. According to the WFDA, getting ready for emergency communication in a winter environment is just as important as the preparations and practice that take place each June during ARRL Field Day. The rules are similar to those for ARRL Field Day, except all amateur radio operators around the world are allowed to participate, not just North America. For additional information, please e-mail email@example.com.
DCARC marks 50 years of affiliation with ARRL the National Association for Amateur Radio during 2021.
Club Constitution and Bylaws
Kansas Ham Radio ExamsDCARC can provide in-person exams for both new licenses and for current licensees who would like to ugrade. We are able to do this in an open-air/outdoor setting following recommended safety protocols. Contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and to schedule a examination date.
- Upswing in Solar Cycle 25 Activity May Have Begun
- Camp for Young Radio Amateurs in the Americas is a Go for this Summer
- Registration is Open for Virtual Visalia 2021
- Yasme Foundation Releases Chronicles of Amateur Radio DX History
- FCC Issues Enforcement Advisory: Radio Users Again Reminded Not to Use Radios in Crimes
HF Propagation Resources